Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Over the Holidays...

Sweeny Todd ****
I really enjoyed it. Will probably make my Top 10 for this year.
Superbad ***
I thought that I'd get more from this one after hearing it billed as the year's funniest film... It was funny, but didn't leave a big impact. (I'd rather re-watch Juno, Knocked Up... and Super Troopers to get the jokes the first time around.) :)
Blob [1958] & Blob [1988] ***
I re-watched the classic horror the other night and enjoyed a Steve McQueen lead performance I'd forgotten about, then I watched the 80's remake with Kevin Dillon (Johnny Drama, for all you Entourage fans) taking over as the hero. Best if seen back to back (and for free with ON DEMAND).
Shindler's List ****
Yeah, I'd never seen it before! Definitely a more conventional story than I imaged for this one (but what should have I expected, from Speilberg, after all?). Easy to watch, which is an interesting (not necessarily good or bad) thing to say about a holocaust film.

No comments: